best answer for MCQ Questions for Class 6 Geography Chapter 2 Globe : Latitudes and Longitudes with Answers
Below you will find MCQ Questions of Chapter 2 Globe : Latitudes and Longitudes Class 6 Geography Free PDF Download that will help you in gaining good marks in the examinations and also cracking competitive exams. These Class 6 MCQ Questions with answers will widen your skills and understand concepts in a better manner.
MCQ Questions for Class 6 Geography Chapter 2 Globe : Latitudes and Longitudes with answers
1. The line which cut the world into north and south latitude
(d) Prime meridian
► (a) Equator
2. The Frigid Zone lies near:
(a) The Poles
(b) The Tropic of Capricorn
(c) The Equator
(d) The Tropic of Cancer
► (a) The Poles
3. What is a globe?
(a) It is a five-dimensional representation of the Earth.
(b) It is a three-dimensional representation of the Earth.
(c) It is a four-dimensional representation of the Earth.
(d) It is a two-dimensional representation of the Earth.
► (b) It is a three-dimensional representation of the Earth.
4. The Prime Meridian passes through:
► (d) Greenwich
5. Northern half of the Earth is known as the _____ and the southern half is known as the _________.
(a) Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere.
(b) Eastern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere.
(c) Northern Hemisphere and Western Hemisphere.
(d) Southern Hemisphere and Northern Hemisphere.
► (a) Northern Hemisphere and Southern Hemisphere.
6. The Northernmost end of the axis is ______
(a) South Pole
(b) Northern Hemisphere
(c) Southern Hemisphere
(d) North Pole
► (d) North Pole
7. Longitudes run from ______ to ______ pole.
(a) East, North
(b) South, West
(c) North, South
(d) East, West
► (c) North, South
8. The Standard Meridian of India is:
(a) 88°30' E
(b) 86°30' E
(c) 82°30' E
(d) 84°30' E
► (c) 82°30' E
9. _____ Lines run from east to west. They measure the distance north and south of the Equator
► (d) Latitude
10. This marks the location of the equator on Earth
(a) 20 degree
(b) 90 degree
(c) 180 degree
(d) 0 degree
► (d) 0 degree
11. Days and nights are equal throughout the globe when the sun is above:
(c) Tropic of Cancer
(d) Tropic of Capricorn
► (b) Equator
12. The total number of meridians across the globe is:
► (b) 360
13. IST stands for
(a) Internal Specific Time
(b) Internal Standard Temperate
(c) Indian Standard Time
(d) Indian Specific Time
► (c) Indian Standard Time
14. The value of the Prime Meridian is:
(a) 0 degree
(b) 90 degree
(c) 60 degree
(d) 32 degree
► (a) 0 degree
15. The Standard Meridian of India is 82 degree 30
► (d) East
16. The tropic of cancer and tropic of Capricorn are of
(a) Equal length
(b) Capricorn is shorter than the Cancer
(c) Capricorn is bigger than the Cancer
(d) Vey big difference between these two
► (a) Equal length
17. What are latitude and longitude lines?
(a) Thick and thin line that divide the Earth
(b) An imaginary line that divide the Earth
(c) A real line that divides the Earth
(d) Long and short line that divide the Earth
► (b) An imaginary line that divide the Earth
18. The distance between the longitude
(a) Decreases towards Poles
(b) Increases towards Poles
(c) Decreases towards North Poles only
(d) Decreases towards South Poles only
► (a) Decreases towards Poles
19. In the globe, Two end point of the axis are called
► (b) Poles
Hope the given MCQ Questions will help you in cracking exams with good marks. These Globe : Latitudes and Longitudes MCQ Questions will help you in practising more and more questions in less time.